8/17/12

Shooting the stars, FAIL

Jeff and I went to Makapu'u around 11pm to shoot the stars. (FAIL).  Bummer, it was cloudy tonight. Taken at 34mm, F5.0, ISO 1250 and at 30 seconds.


 

Here's a couple of pictures I took of the ocean.  This is crop and edited.   I used a small flashlight to light up to water and rocks.  The next photo is the original.

Taken at 35 mm, F4.0, ISO 2000, and at 30 sec.

Jeff was practicing with his flashes.  I need to get a couple of flashes also.

This is another view of the ocean and rocks from a different angle and area.  
Taken at 16mm, F5.0, ISO 1600 and at  30 seconds

This is how cloudy it was.  You have to look hard to see the stars.  We were hoping to take better pictures, but it was a great learning experience.  Taken at 16mm, F5.0, ISO 1600 and at 30 seconds.

A few tips for the next time.  Check the weather report, go with a friend, bring a jacket and flash light.  Bring a better tripod, a remote switch for my camera and finally, bring an appetit.  We went to Liliha Bakery and got some pancakes.  After, Jeff took me to Kam Bakery to get some donuts.  He gave me a poi donut and told me it's best to eat it warm.  When I got home, I was so full, but I wanted to try it.  I took 1 bite and now I'm hooked.  Damn you Jeff!!  Anyways, I'm enjoying the donut right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment